1. You must stay home for 14 days if: you are symptomatic, this includes any of the following:
• you are symptomatic, which includes any of the following: sneezing, coughing, fever, shortness of breath, sore throat, fatigue, and/or painful swallowing.
• you have been in close contact with anyone sick or presents with any of the above symptoms or they are under the direction of the provincial health office to self-isolate.
2. Employees that are staying home or leaving work sick are instructed to email HR immediately.
3. All Employees and Visitors MUST wear face coverings within the premises.
4. All Employees MUST complete the Self Assessment Covid 19 Questionnaire DAILY before they start work.
5. All visitors to Terra MUST be PREARRANGED, staggered and provided with a copy of this Policy and sign their understanding and acceptance. Hand sanitizer/wipes or hand washing facilities MUST be made available. Repeat visitors to Terra need only sign once. Copies to be scanned to HR. Updates to policy will be made available.
6. Employees/Visitors are to avoid close contact with other people and should remain 6 feet / 2.6 meters apart while working. Note that in some instances you may be required to move / reconfigure your workstations to respect this distance.
We may consider putting other preventative measures in place as we adapt to our new normal. Thank you for your patience.
7. Employees will be reminded (by posters) to wash their hands (a min of 20 seconds) throughout the day and avoid touching their eyes, nose, or mouth. All hand washing stations (kitchen and bathrooms) will be supplied with hand sanitizer and soap and extra cleaning supplies are available for employees to use at their workstations. Please note a work station is not just a desk. This may be your truck, car or area in
the warehouse for example. All employees are required to wash hands:
• Before and after breaks.
• Before and after handling common tools or equipment. Disinfecting wipes must be used to clean such equipment if safe to do so.
Clean your work space regularly throughout the day and in between visitors. Office main touch spots will be cleaned throughout the day. Take responsibility to clean communal areas and machines before you USE them ie photocopier. Main entry doors and bathroom doors will be propped open to avoid unnecessary contact. We will follow CDC recommend instructions CDC – Cleaning and Disinfecting Your Facility
8. All communal areas will have occupancy limits. ie. break rooms, coffee stations, shared kitchen,
• Proper signage including occupancy limits and effective hygiene practices will be posted in all entry ways, bathrooms, and all other communal areas.
• Employees will be required to bring their own eating supplies to the office and keep them at their desk, taking them home to wash.
9. Store Visits/Deliveries/Off-Site Meetings – Risk Assessments will have to be done before leaving and when you arrive at the store to make sure the following:
• Request to review AND SIGN you have reviewed, your visiting parties Covid 19 Health and Safety Plan (a screen shot on your phone confirming by email (to your visiting party and to Terra HR) will suffice you have read and accepted the plan.
• Double check all attendees are healthy.
• There will be proper hand washing stations on site, if not, then employees will need to bring hand-sanitizers or wipes with them.
• Employees will bring their own equipment and supplies or make sure proper measures are in place to avoid sharing equipment/supplies on site.
• Make sure you can maintain proper distancing at stores/deliveries.
• Make sure you maintain small group numbers currently 2-6.
• Only attend essential store visits or off-site meetings. All non-essential meetings/gatherings are prohibited.
10. Employees are instructed to refuse any work if they believe it presents an undue hazard to themselves or other members of the public. Employees with any health and safety concerns, employee considered high risk or if you believe you have been in exposed to COVID-19 can reach out (in confidence) to HR.
11. Terra will communicate openly and broadly with all employees whilst complying with confidentiality.
12. Terra will provide employees with any applicable training resources (videos or documents) provided by health officials currently and in future. Here are some additional resources available:
Mental Health and Psychosocial Considerations During COVID-19 Outbreak – These mental health considerations were developed by the WHO’s Department of Mental Health and Substance Use as messages targeting different groups to support for mental and psychosocial well-being during COVID-19 outbreak.
Managing COVID-19 Stress, Anxiety and Depression – Tips and resources on things we can do to deal with stress and support one another during these challenging times.
COVID-19: Staying Well in Uncertain Times – how to reduce and manage anxiety in the workplace due to COVID-19
COVID-19 Psychological First Aid Service: Information and Signup: – Free Virtual counseling by registered psychologist
13. What if an employee/visitor contracts or receives a confirmed positive test result of COVID-19:
• Diagnosed employees/visitors will inform HR with details.
• Employee with confirmed case will be sent home and be quarantine at home for the next 14 days or until cleared by a physician.
• Where the employee diagnosed may be fit to work they may do so from home if appropriate. Where the employee requires time to recover, their workload will be reassigned.
• All employees in that location or that may have been exposed, will be notified in writing that they will need to work remotly where possible for the next 14 days or/and self isolate.
• HR will conduct a risk assessment.
• HR will analyze if any customers or vendors and/or guests who may have been exposed to the diagnosed employee need to be contacted.
• HR will notify local provincial officials.
• Cleaners will be asked to come in and disinfect all workstations and shared office spaces.
• Due to privacy legislation we are required to provide complete confidentiality of employees’ medical information, we will not disclose the identity of the employee diagnosed with COVID-19.
Terra will also make sure to abide by Province COVID-19 public health advisory guidelines and will conduct workplace risk assessments when required and update our policies/plans as needed.
If you have any questions, please contact HR